I was almost afraid to work out today, it's been so long. And no "active lifestyle" in the meantime, either. I am going to be so screwed when I hit the turf next weekend. (Someone remind me to buy new cleats before then, please?)
So today, I approached the basement gym with trepidation and caution. Lightish weights, high-ish reps, nothing tricky. After a light warm-up that felt like a workout, I did this:
Five rounds:
10 squats (95#)
10 bench dips (feet on the ball)
Four rounds:
10 back extensions
40 v-sit ball tosses (3 kg ball) (Like this, but tossing the ball from hand to hand. Next time I'll do it like the video.)
(None of the above for time, but no rests - other than a few deep breaths - between sets or rounds.)
And a little stretch, which was way more stretching that I've done in weeks. Then, a wonderful yogurt smoothie. I missed these so much while away; all my sister had in the house was bread and cereal. I had to scavenge.
Resolution challenge for tomorrow: back to yoga?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment