Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Murph for girls

Looks like I'm kissing my sub-7 mile good-bye for now. See you next summer!

Today, a scaled down Murph. My Rx:

Mile
"50 pullups" (ie: as many assisted pull/chin ups as I can manage)
100 pushups
150 squats (12 lb body bar)
Mile

I partitioned the reps into 5 rounds of 10 pull-ups/20 push-ups/30 squats. Because I'm realistic, pull-ups were actually as many assisted (legs on bar) as I could do in each set. I planned a fast first mile and "easy" last mile (both on 1% grade).

Result:

Mile - 7:10 (would have been 6:59 if the treadmill could magically start up at 8 mph.)
Pull-ups - 8 pu, 6 pu, 6 chins, 6 pu , 7 chins (33)
Push-ups (regular/knees down) - 20, 12/8, 10/10, 10/10, 10/10 (62/38)
Squats - 30 x 5 (150 - easy!)
Mile - 8:10

Total time: 45 minutes.

I didn't really push to do it "for time" - I took the breaks I needed between each exercise because my heart rate was ridiculous (especially after the first mile!) Also intended to run the 2nd mile at 7 mph the whole way, but geez it was taking a long time, so I upped the speed eventually to 8.5 mph.

Then I ate a giant date square. (With my bunless burger, of course! I'm all about balance.)

1 comment:

Overunder said...

that is an amazing work-out!