Friday, August 1, 2008

Practice - the first ten

I wouldn't normally count this as "workout", because frisbee is a matter of course (and practice is generally less intense than an actual game), but after drills and scrimmaging last night, we did a half hour of targeted fitness with Stella, and it was most excellent.

We rotated through:

5 tuck jumps
sprint (20-30? yards - footrace against a de/offender)
10 slalom jumps
sprint

About 10 times.

Then ten minutes of core, during which we flipped over and back, alternating between the posterior and anterior chain (v-sits, side and front plank, push-ups, sit-ups, one-legged bridge, etc.)

During the sprints, I tried to focus on form to make every rep count: driving really hard into the ground, leaning forward especially at the start, staying on my toes, etc. Occasionally, I let my opponent have a little head start to see if I could catch up. My 5th gear kicked ass. ;-)

No comments: