I celebrated Three Weeks Postpartum this weekend by wearing my regular jeans and by lifting a (very) little bit of weight.
It's been four months since I worked out, and six or seven since I worked out "normally" (not scaled for pregnancy). So, I'm starting from the very beginning just to remind my body how to move.
Three sets, with just the bar:
10 deadlifts
10 squats
10 presses
10 hang cleans
In general, my body feels like it doesn't even remember it just had a baby (except when I sneeze without bracing myself). A good -- nay, remarkable -- thing.
I plan to do these basic lifts for a couple of weeks to strengthen up (with some push-ups and rows in there), then I will add in jogging. I want to get back into running longer distances for a change, so I will focus on that with regular support from weightlifting. Sound good?
PS- I wasn't doing nothing while i wasn't working out the past many months. I was making this:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
!!!!!!!!! awesome !!!!!!!!! welcome back, hk (and welcome ruby!)
hey - i read these two things wrt running:
http://optimumsportsperformance.com/blog/?p=2411
http://www.sportsci.org/2009/ss.htm
Post a Comment