well, hello there. I've been off injured for a while. I had a torn rotator that I injured the week before Worlds in June. I've felt pain in it until the first week of February when I really seemed to turn the corner for reals. I still have posture issues I need to resolve (years of slouching at a computer have forced my shoulder blades wide and weak, shortening said rotator muscle (teres minor). But now I'm back and doing stuff. I'm especially interested in keeping the shoulders healthy. Years ago I suffered from a torn hip flexor for six months. I would have leapt (if I could - ha!) at the opportunity to trade the rotator cuff injury in for the hip flexor. Anyway, I'm back in Canada since March 3rd and I've already had a workout. Take that.
Here are my workouts from Africa and my first workout back in Canada:
Wed, Feb 9
press: 78 x5,5,7
db row: 35 x10,10,10
inverted rows
run - 10min workset/10min rest *2 @ 7.5km/h (and the rest set at around 5.3km/h)
Sat, Feb 12
press: 89 x5,5,6
db row: 35 x10,10,10
inverted rows
run - 10/10*2 @ 8.0km/h
Mon, Feb 14
press: 94 x5,5,5
chins: 4,2,2,2,1,1,1,0 (13 in 8 sets)
bb row: 94 x5,5,5
run - 10/10*2 @ 8.5km/h
Wed, Feb 16
bench: 110 x5,4,3
chins: 4,2,2,2,1,1,1,1 (14)
Thurs, Feb 17
run - 10/10*3 @ 9.0km/h
Mon, Feb 21
bench: 110 x5,5,5
chins: 4,3,2,2,2,2,1,1 (17)
run - 10/10*2 @ 9.5km/h
Wed, Feb 23
press: 99 x4,4,3
chins: 4,3,3,2,1,1,1,1 (16)
run - 3/3*5 @ 11km/h
Fri, Feb 25
deadlift: 185 x5
cleans: 115 x3,3,3,3,3
db bench: 40 x5,5,9
run - 30min @ 8.0km/h
Mon, Feb 28
bench: 126 x3,2,2
chins: 4,3,3,2,2,2,1,1 (18)
run - 6/6*3 @ 10.5km/h
Fri, Mar 4
squats: 185 x5,5,5
press: 95 x5,5,5
It's great to be home. And it especially great to see how much work you were doing while I was away. Sometimes it depressed me when my shoulder was so sore and I couldn't do the little things let alone the feats of strength you were accomplishing. Overunder, kudos on your recovery, I'm sure you'll be rocking it on the field pain-free in no time. H - stop working the chins so I can catch up.
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Welcome back! You're in luck -- I've given up chin-ups in favour of yoga. I know it's not 1-1 substitution, but it's working out okay.
Post a Comment