Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Plyo-squats

No frisbee this week because I'm resting a sore hip flexor... So I have a bit of leeway to do some legwork (of the variety that is gentle on the hips. I hope.)

Plyo-squat: Back squat in which you push up from the bottom of the squat forcefully enough that your feet leave the ground at the top (like, an inch). Reset feet carefully for the next rep. This may be a real exercise or not; at any rate, that's what I did. Maybe it could also be called a power squat?

Alternating sets: plyo-squats (45 lb)/push-ups

20/19, 20/15, 15/13

Finisher: 100 walking lunges (in groups: 30, 30, 40 with 30 regular steps between sets. After which my thighs were numb and I walked like a gangsta. Appropriate, as I did this on my street which is slightly ghetto-like.)

Alternating sets: chin-ups/jumping pull-ups

5/5, 3/4, 2/4, 1/1

No comments: