Monday, July 30, 2012

HELLO...

Lo.Lo..lo...lo

Been a while. Summer time super busy mode. Moved house (yeah back yard box), moved mountains (at work) and just plain moved. Lots of running and frizzbee related training this summer. Almost every other day I go out sprinting / running in some form or another, with fellow frizz guys or on my own. I have only been to the gym a few times (squats one day, cleans once, a few circuits with Scales lately -I think he loves them).

Of note over the past summer: knee feels 110%, 5k time is consistent at ~22 and change, 16-12-8-4 a few weeks back was 6:00, 4:33, 3:22, 1:17, did 8x 200m sprints with 400 m recovery runs last week, have played 3 tournaments, one of which was this weekend. Last weekend I worked out in my backyard and neighbourhood in the hot sun. Rounds of thrusters and 800m runs and sit ups. It was awful. I did it with my shirt off and felt cool running on the path. The dip in the pool afterward was awesome.

Today, despite tourney legs, made up a circuit and did it: 5 rounds for time of 500m row, 15 x 65lb presses, 15 front extensions. Did it in a not entirely exhausting 33:30. The presses were hard.

Only 2 weeks to go until nats, for which my team qualified by being the only team in our province to want to compete. Its an "off year", so they say.

1 comment:

Ms. Hedda said...

Way to hold down the fort for the rest of us! We'll be back online gradually, eventually...